Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Felicia's Painting

The Song of the Fiery & the Gentle


So I thought I'd finally share the painting that I made this past fall for Felicia and Jeremy's home.  I ended up naming this painting: The Song of the Fiery and the Gentle  - as a representation of the couple's relationship.   The explanation is below.  


Enjoy!


In their house

It matched perfectly

The Process

 My Wonderful Art Teacher: Charlotte Krusi

Knifing the poppy - Oil Paint

Memorial Day weekend, I stayed at the Krusi's house over the lake and worked on this painting all weekend.






The Song of the Fiery and the Gentle
Felicia & Jeremy
September 25, 2010

Jeremy and Felicia, my dear friends, it is an absolute privilege to have been asked to paint the painting for your house!  I feel as if I can be part of your home and family now; that I may be shared with every person that visits your home.  

May you be reminded of my love for you and 100% support of you.  Just as I will stand beside you at your wedding, I support you 100% in your choice to join your lives together.  I support who you are, individually, and believe in who you are together.  I believe that you will be a beautiful refection of Jesus Christ in your love for each other, I believe in your passion and submission to God, and I believe in your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit to go and do whatever he directs.  I am committed to praying for you.  You can call on me if you ever need anything. 


The Fiery Poppy – The Bride
The right panel with the bright red poppy on it represents the bride – Felicia. 
Felicia – just as the poppy bursts out of the painting with its fiery red so are you – completely unique, you are one of a kind, you attract others to yourself, and you have fiery passion on the inside.  You have big dreams breathed from the Father himself of reaching children in other nations, affecting millions with one powerful drop of God’s love, and many more.  As the poppy carries over onto the other panel – you are inspiration to many including your groom.   You are an inspiration to dream; to live life wildly like there is no tomorrow, to love deeply, and to know the heart of God.  And like the petals of a poppy are thin and transparent, you are a delicate soul.  You flourish under gentle care and good soil, which allows you to blow freely in the wind.

 
The Gentle Lion – The Groom
The left panel with the carved lion on it represents the groom – Jeremy.
Jeremy - Look closely, you may not see the lion right away but he is there, and he holds a foundational role in the structure of the painting.  Look into his face you can see that it is undoubtedly strong, powerful, even fierce, but it is also gentle.  It is the most respected animal in the jungle, with the most authority.  Jeremy, you are a foundational man, you may not be the flashy, loud person in the middle of the room but you are the concrete foundation of the building.  Without you the whole structure would fall.  As Felicia is an inspiration to you, you provide the confidence for her to be free, she can trust your decisions, and put faith in your consistency – You are her soil.  As a man of God, you have the respect of others and are a good leader.  Though you have the strength to demolish you know how to treat a flower with gentleness.


 The Song – When Two Hearts become One
Who would have thought the Fiery and the Gentle would come together and make such a beautiful couple.  When two come together in love and unity they make a beautiful song.  You fit together so melodically – and it creates the most pleasing harmony.  Your love is a song.  As you continue to inspire and up build one another in this journey of life, may your song never end.


Love  -
Shyla

No comments:

Post a Comment