Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bible Study

My City: Ooty  
Green: My House -Farley
Red - Stephens Church (famous Christian Church)
Orange - My Work: Freedom Firm
Blue:The Train Station
Center: Commercial Road
(Where the marketplace and tourist attraction is)




This week I want to share with you one of my favorite parts of my week:


Bible Study


I have to tell you about the bible study that I attend weekly, it has become such a joy to me, and a great way to get to know people in the community!  One of the coolest things about this bible study is that it is comprised of all kinds of people - Indians & foreigners!  The bible study started 25 years ago from one of the most historical churches in Ooty - Stephen's Church.  There are quite a few people that attend from the international school that resides in Ooty as well.  Hebron School is a primary and secondary school that houses international missionary and business children from all over the world.


Hosted in the Home
Every week the bible study is hosted in one of the church member's houses.  So, I get a taste of Indian culture and what better way to get to know someone than going to their home.  They also serve us dinner afterwards, and always give us their best! :)

Hymns
We always start out by singing hymns!


Discussion





Nigel, and Tom George

One of these two men lead the bible study. 
They are both well versed in the word and trained in theology - I have learned so much from them!

We are studying in the book of Luke right now.

One of my favorite things about this bible study is that it is not taught - it is led.  Nigel and Tom do a phenomenal job of creating a study that get's everyone to participate and helps us to come to our own conclusions.  They ask probing questions and lead us to breakdown, and study the word in ways I would have never thought of on my own. 



This is apart of such a timely season that the Lord had provided for me to study His Word, and soak it in.  I am so thankful!   


No comments:

Post a Comment