Friday, June 29, 2012

Things I've Missed

Being Home

My first stop in the States was straight away to Texas - the Lonestar state.  Of long back roads, down-home cookin, the long drawl, steer, and cowboy hats.  And one more thing: Teen Mania. 

Texas to me is:  the place i became an adult. the home of some of my best and closest friends. an amazing ministry that taught me all about ministry, leadership, people, and living for Christ.

Coming home has been a blessing so far.  I have been taken in warmly by close friends and spending time with them - just joining them in whatever they're doing; which is always something exciting at TM. :)  

Thanks Beth, Corrie, Holly, and Cat. 


I talk about India everyday - telling people of it's beauty and the place it holds in my heart.  


There are a few things that I've realized I miss about home :)

1. Taking a Shower Everyday (Emphasis on 'shower' and 'everyday')
2. Rinsing My Toothbrush with the Water Out of the Tap
3. Drinking Ice Cold Water (and getting it from the tap)
4. Coffee with (Creamer)
5. Starbucks :)
6. Big Fat Hamburgers (on the grill)
7. Driving
8. Calling My Mom on My Cell Phone (not on skype)


I'll spend time in Austin, TX with close family friends of mine: The Scribers
And then head home to Ohio to see my FAMILY! and Church


1 comment:

  1. Shyla, I've so loved following you through this blog! Your life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete