Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn Reflections


Autumn is my absolute most favorite season of the year - and Ohio is one of the best places to experience it.  I haven't been able to go home during the fall months in 3 years.  :)  This week at home as been an exciting blessing to me.  




Mom and Good Food!
One of my favorite things about home is spending time with my dear friend, mom.  She is a friend, the person that knows me the best, and the person that I am most comfortable with in the whole world.  I think it should be this way with every mom and daughter.  Thanks mom for being an awesome Mom!


Whenever I come home we have great food - tea times, shopping trips, coffee, chocolate, and good chats.  The first day I was home.... I slept in, with enough time to take a morning run on a beautiful crisp autumn lane, and sat down for breakfast with mom - Egg sandwiches and Green Tea Latte's (Oregon Chai)!




The Wedding
The reason for my little vaca was not actually to see fall in Ohio but for my Best Friend's wedding!  Felicia Diane Byler (Now Miller!) got married yesterday.  I dedicated this week fully to her and took so much joy in it.  It was good to have precious sweet moments with her: to help her plan and fulfill Maid of Honor duties, to help keep her mother sane, to throw her a bachelorette party, to pray for her, to present to her the oil painting I did for hers and Jeremy's home and hang it on their wall!, to reminisce about old times and cry with her the night before her wedding, to help zip her into her "Perfectly Felicia" gown, to hold her bouquet and fix her train, to make a toast to her and give my best friend away to her husband "To Felicia and Jeremy, best friends for life" .......


Love
.....But the most heart wrenching moment of the entire experience was when I was standing on stage and I realized that Love is worth living for.  Felicia is someone that I have loved and allowed to love me.  There are levels of love that we will experience more and more deeply over time if we allow ourselves to.  Some though, never choose to.  There are some that never love at all.  Most people love to some extent and love well - but I want to be someone that loves with my whole heart!!  Unashamedly, not holding back, vulnerably.  What is life if we don't love???  Answer that question for me!  


I'm not sure how that actually looks - but may that be the purpose of my heart!


Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us


1 John 4:7
God's Love and Ours ] Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.



Song of Solomon 8:6
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.


Ephesians 5:2 
and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

John 15:13
 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.




4 Hour Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'm currently sitting at the DFW airport waiting for Sharon to arrive so we can drive back to Garden Valley together.  This provided a 4 hour refection time which I started with a venti Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks!  First one of the season!!  It lasted me nearly the whole time. 




Please share your thoughts on Loving Deeply......

No comments:

Post a Comment