Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Three Children and A Temporary Home

This week I'm staying at my 2nd cousins house while their parents are on a trip.  Paul & Mary Troyer.  Mary asked me to stay at the house to see the children off to school in the mornings and spend the night with them.  I just got back from TX Sunday night and came here after work on Monday. It has been a divine situation - time to think and process.  Which I didn't know I would need - but God did!


It has been a blast:  


They are soo sweet!  I love playing the mom role. This morning I woke up at 6 with Amanda (who is in High School - Oh how I remember the days and the feelings :).  Drove her out to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus, and did the same with the 2 youngest at 7:30.  


Tonight we went to Subway and bowling!
Lori 10, Amanda 14, Ryan 8

This boy is such a sweet funny spirit!  He reminds me of Travis.  Refreshes my heart :)
Today I got a revelation that was so sweet - I have to share with you.  I know that God has provided my job at Tis the Season so divinely and I have even realized that it is good that I don't have a super meaningful job right now so that I can rest and focus on other things.  However lately I have been soo bored at work - Since I am now personalizing, when I am not busy doing that I do customer service - which means when there is no one who needs help or there is no stocking or cleaning needed, I just stand and stand.  And standing can be so.....well it drives me bonkers! :)  I have been so bored that I'm irritated.  There's my task oriented self!  After about an hour of going crazy, I got this revelation.  This extra time that I have at work is not an inconvenience - it is from the Lord!  I can use this time to meditate on the Word and soak my soul.  I realized what a gift that is.  The past few years I have not had time to just meditate - now it is provided for me. 

I am overwhelmed at how God has been taking care of me this fall.  It softens and livens my heart!  Thank-you Jesus for taking such good care of me.  You are such a Good Father!  Thank-you for a season to soak in the Word. 

The more I meditate on God and find thankfulness for him- I discover more and more blessings in my life.  I also feel less stressed and less condemnation - but freedom and joy! 


I would love to hear what God is doing in your life this fall too!  Please Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment