Monday, November 28, 2011

Friends

My two darling friends came for an awaited visit to see me in Ohio. 



Grace Bowman & Marivick Perks

Grace from Chicago and Marivick from Canada - two women that became friends of mine while we were in Texas together at Teen Mania.  We truly are close and commit to seeing each other once a year to stay that way. :)  This was the first time they saw my home.  It was wonderful showing them around, helping them understand Amish Country (truly apart of who I am), and spending time with my family.  We talked about everything and anything all of the time - late nights, sweet moments; and of course, we laughed continuously!!


Grace is just about ready to get her bachelor's in Dietetics from Olivet Nazarene .  If I could say anything about this woman it would be that She is loyal.  She taught me this quality.  She is such a committed friend and one of the best to so many others I know.  She loves and cares for her friends and what they're going through - she actively prays and helps in practical ways.  She stays updated! She is practical - she helps me think through things.  She is kind and helpful!  She is driven and smart - she completes what she starts and is goal oriented!  She will be a huge blessing to her husband!  And last of all she is 'wirey' - like a red head - she screams sometimes and clenches tight to me when she is alarmed or embarrassed.  I love that about her! :)


 Marivick and her husband are associate pastors of their church in Canada - about ready to start college together next fall.  Marivick is a brilliant business woman and administrator.  She is entrusted with much wherever she goes.  Executive is written all over her.  She is classy and stunning.  She is a good communicator.  She wants to start her own business in event planning one day - I have no doubt she will, and it will be successful.  She is the perfect armor bearer for her extraordinarily visionary husband.  My favorite thing about Marivick is that there is a belly full of laughter in every word and one of the most sensitive and emotional spirits inside of her.  She LOVES.  Her extravagant and extraverted personality doesn't let people go without knowing- "You are AMAZING!"



These woman understand my heart, I feel truly valued and empowered by them, and they inspire me in my dreams.  They are dedicated, passionate woman of God.

4 comments:

  1. AWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! You bless my heart! Shyla without words said, you leave a lasting impression that shouts your love for them. You love people more then one can explain, or understand There is this sincere, and genuine gift from GOD to nurture, and love on others, no matter what they've been through.. it is rare to find. The way you live your life, and chose to daily represent God, PUSHS me to dive deeper, and discover more of God.
    You are ALWAYS CARING, ALWAYS LOVING, ALWAYS SINCERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shy! This is a great post! The way you value and cherish Mavirick and Grace is amazing! Totally glorifying to the Lord! Keep it up Shy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shylah -- this is Timothy's dad. I like your blog. Deeper than Timothy's blog of pictures and reflections of Whataburger & Soulmans BBQ!!!! Glad you like Seinfeld:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Mr. Campbell - good to hear from you! I love getting comments on my blog :). And yes- I cannot believe that you guys love Seinfeld too! ha ha

    ReplyDelete