Friday, January 13, 2012

Farley

To my Blog Family, 
I want to show you my new Home...This is India!



Sitting in Mumbai during my 8hr layover.  Got myself a famous cup of Indian Jo and  reread Psalm 91 (the  Psalm I feel the Lord gave to me during this year). Read it if you care to!
 Ooty
Ooty, the town I'm in - was a 3hr drive from the airport - UP the Mt.  I was surprised by the absolute beauty of the Mt's and the cool fresh air.  It was a rough ride though in an Indian taxi on Indian roads! :)


Farley
This is the Guest House that I live in.  
It has been a house for missionary's as far back as Amy Carmichael (who stayed here)!

This is my room upstairs.  It is quite beautiful!




You can tell by the staircase that this is an old place.  It actually is more of a British design. 

More of my room

The view outside the back door of my room

The lawn of the house - It is a beautiful place in the mountains with  many flowers and lots of gardening.






This is the main living area downstairs

There are shelves of old books in every room!


As you can see, it is beautiful here!  I was breath-taken and overjoyed increasingly starting with the drive up the mountain.  This large missionary house is more than a haven, it is extraordinary - like the blessing of God in nature itself. I am so thankful for God's provision, and that he has allowed me a place to stay that is tranquil and beautiful.

I feel the quietness in my soul that this is going to be a very quiet season with the Lord.  Time to spend reading the word, and praying, just reading in general, and quieting my soul.  Oh, what an important thing to do.

Please pray for the fruit that the Lord could reap in this time.

There is a German missionary family of 7 here to take care of the place and they are an absolute delight!  I will write and post pictures of them soon.

I will also update you about work at the Freedom Firm soon as well.

Love,
Shy

14 comments:

  1. Shy, it's so beautiful! I'm overwhelmed with joy for you right now. It seems like the perfect resting place for a rich season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich -yes! Oh what a blessing to have a friend share my joy!

      Delete
  2. What a delightful place! I'm so glad for you and this season of your life. I do pray for much fruit to cultivate in your soul, in your relationships with the people you interact with and in the work of your hands that God directs you with there. Many blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! You captured not only India, but your heart for india! Love u shy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! Thanks for the update and you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shyla - Your pictures are so beautiful! I'm more than excited for this adventure God has you on...and, if you get the time, would love to hear about how you ended up in India. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hannah! So pleasant to hear from you! And yes, anytime you see me on Skype - lets catch up!

      Delete
  6. How beautiful Shy! I am so excited for this season of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 I love these pictures. Praying for you.
    Joy (Peeler)

    ReplyDelete

  8. hi,

    please share contact details of farley house

    diskin56@gmail.com
    mobile : 9566020238

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do I book 2 rooms for next April 1st to 7th please. Thank you kath kelland

    ReplyDelete