Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day: Dinner on the Lawn

Valentines Day Festivities

Today was Valentines Day!
and I absolutely Celebrated my HEART OUT! J

I LOVE Celebrating….whenever I get the excuse I celebrate, I do!  In fact sometimes I even celebrate for no reason at all!


Festivities

Paper Garland

 
I just recently developed a LOVE for Paper GarLAND!  J I founds some cool ideas on Etsy and with a stapler, some string, a pair of scissors and paper and SPENT ALL evening making these creations the night before

Dinner on the lawn
L-R: Ty, Freidel, David, Annette, Sheena (in hood :), Bronte

I posted on the little white board outside of our room a countdown for Valentines Day - and the Faser’s wrote a note saying "Tell us when the PARTY is, we want to JOIN!" So I couldn’t let them down!  We planned dinner on the lawn - EVERYONE INVITED!  Annette brought salad and potatoes, and we provided our own meat.  

I went ALL OUT setting the table with all the china of course, even little Tea Cups for HOT CHOCOLATE.  Picked flowers from the GARDEN.  The POPPY’s I have been waiting and pining to pick just for today.


We stayed and enjoyed dinner until the sun went down and the CANDLES stayed alit.  


Chocolates

Sunita & I
Us girls provided dessert.  We CHOSE these little round chocolate cake balls from the local bakery - Our favorite: Virtue Bakes.  ONE for Each.
Served w/ HOT CHOCOLATE


Sweet Little Things

 Miss Bronte wouldn’t think of having Valentines Day without Australian CADBURY Chocolate!  J  HA HA!! 




 Poppy’s - There is just something SACRED and GORGEOUS about these simple flowers on their long curly stems! (My first appreciation of them started at the oil paintings Charlotte made of them). I decided this year they are MEANT FOR Valentine’s Day! 




* I had so much fun! *
 :)
Happy Valentine’s Day!!





1 comment:

  1. Ah Shyla, I love it.
    and I'm the same way... celebrate as often as possible.
    I also have a love for poppy flowers lol,
    they are simply happy little flowers.

    I pray you are doing well and loving your new home.

    ReplyDelete