Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dear Readers,

Tomorrow I will say goodbye to Kolkata.  I am going home for the next two months to spend the holidays at home with my family, with potential to return to Kolkata once again.

I had such an enriching time serving with Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa's Order), and will greatly miss the 12 little brown faces and precious souls of the children in my class at the orphanage.





The lovely people at BMS, where I stay.  There's a community of young people who have travelled from Kolkata from all over the world to also serve with MOC.  I am thankful for this community.

Sweet Klara from Italy was like a sister to me at BMS


And the church that I very much felt welcomed into.  I joined the worship team and became good friends with the young people on the team, including 3 foreign girls volunteering at the church and locally.




This woman; my Indian friend, was like a sister to me.  An answered prayer.


Kolkata - an overwhelmingly chaotic, filthy, and rustic city has grown on me and overpowered me with it's beauty, kindness, and warmth.  Kolkata; a land of contradictions -yet the beauty shines through; The City of Joy.  

I will spend 4 days in Varanasi with Carl and Joann Benderoth (a family from my hometown serving in India for the past years).   Then I will tour in Dehli, the capital, for a few day's before I go home.


Ohio, See you on the 13th!

Love,

Shyla

No comments:

Post a Comment