Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Snapshot of Now....

My main purpose for being home for these 4 months before I go to India are: 
  • To get refreshed and take a few moments to breathe and process in between seasons
  • To spend time getting reacquainted with my church family and and friends
  • Spend time with my family (maybe the last time I'll live with them...
  • To Fundraise


I have also acquired a part time job while I am here..... I think you would love to hear about it :)

My JOB: Tis the Season


I work at a Year Round Christmas Store - it is really beautiful - enchanted really.  I am going to take a video one day for you to see. :)  I am a cashier - however I listen to Christmas music all day, and do little things like tie ribbon on ornaments, package snow, and organize bubble wrap. Ha ha .....I absolutely love it. :) The best part is that they don't open until 10 so I don't ever have to go in until then (if you remember Corrie, I told you that would be a perfect day if I didn't have to work until 10 :)  That was a little special gift from the Lord to me!). 



So I work about 4 days a week, try to run every morning - which is fresh air to my lungs! (if you know me you know that a really good day must include a morning run!), I am trying to find a routine for my Quiet Times, If I'm not working I am accomplishing tasks from the lists and projects that I am constantly making for myself, and my evenings are dedicated to dinners with my family and spending time with them. 




A Bit of a Crisis.......Yesterday it started to officially feel like fall here in in Ohio - I tasted it on my morning run - crisp and cool!  So today I was aching to enjoy the weather and do something "fallish."  After a busy day of work I was ready to have some fun and hang out!  However Felicia was busy, so I called my mom to see what the family was doing.....when she answered and said that her and dad were on their way to the Rodeo, they had to leave early,"  I felt like crying....where did that come from?  Saturday night and I felt lonely.....:)  So I texted Trav (my brother).... and he texted back....Sorry I'm out with my friends.  Seriously!  Ohhh, at that moment I really missed being at Teen Mania and living with all of my friends.

I am a confident woman and not afraid of being alone - however those few tears were unexpected tonight.   I guess this is just a different season. 



I am looking forward to planning fundraisers soon and enjoying the fall!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Shyla, I am so thankful to have your smiling face at work. I know coming home from ministry and community life is so hard! Never feel like it is lack of confidence or weakness to feel lonely sometimes, it is part of transitioning out of that particular type ministry season! (year of transition right?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tash - yes you remembered. Year of Transition. :) Thank-you! for reassuring me!

    ReplyDelete